article submitted on September 6, 2022 by ACT.org
Success is as unique as a fingerprint—and so is the journey to achieve it. Create your own success and don’t let anything stop you! The ACT test provides personalized information to help you succeed in college and a career. If you’re having trouble paying for the ACT test, the ACT Fee Waiver Program can help. Learn more here.
What is Included in the ACT Fee Waiver Program?
ACT Test Fees Are Covered
The registration fee for up to four ACT tests, with or without the optional writing test for National testing, is covered. You do not have to pay anything to take the ACT! Register Today!
Free Learning Resources
Students registering with a fee waiver will also receive free access to The Official ACT® Self-Paced Course, Powered by Kaplan® where you can find bite-sized, on-demand lessons, which offer the perfect mix of structure and flexibility. The offering is automatically
added to your order at no cost.
- Learn anywhere, anytime with on-demand tutorials
- Watch 30 short, self-paced video lessons
- Access 2,000+ ACT test questions and answers
- Take five full-length ACT practice tests
- Track progress with a built-in course syllabus
- 1 year of access
Free Additional Score Reports
You can send additional ACT score reports for free to colleges and/or scholarship agencies at any time during your college search process. Your fee waiver covers one report to your high school and up to six college choices. After registration, you can request unlimited score reports for free.
Apply to Colleges—For Free
College application fees can really add up, but there’s good news! Students who test with an ACT fee waiver may also request a Waiver or Deferral of College Admission Applications Fee. To have a college application fee waived, you must submit your fee waiver directly to the college to which you are applying (not to ACT).
Are You Eligible for a Fee Waiver?
To apply for the ACT fee waiver program, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be currently enrolled in high school in the 11th or 12th grade.
- Be testing in the United States, US territories, or Puerto Rico.
- Meet one or more of the indicators of economic need listed below:
- Enrolled in a federal free or reduced-price lunch program at school, based on US Department of Agriculture (USDA) income levels.
- Enrolled in a program for the economically disadvantaged (for example, a federally funded program such as GEAR UP or Upward Bound). Note: If the student participates in a program, but is not economically disadvantaged, they are not eligible for a fee waiver.
- Resides in a foster home, is a ward of the state, or is homeless.
- Family receives low-income public assistance or lives in federally subsidized public housing.
- Family’s total annual income is at or below USDA levels for free or reduced-price lunches on the USDA Food and Nutrition Service website.
2022-2023 Test Dates (National)
|Test Date||Regular Registration Deadline||Late Registration Deadline|
Late Fee Applies
Photo Upload Deadline
|September 10, 2022||August 5||August 19||September 2|
|October 22, 2022||September 16||September 30||October 14|
|December 10, 2022||November 4||November 11||December 2|
|February 11, 2023||January 6||January 20||February 3|
|April 15, 2023||March 10||March 24||April 7|
|June 10, 2023||May 5||May 19||June 2|
|July 15, 2023*||June 16||June 23||July 7|
ACT Test Registration (Sept. 6 2022) https://www.act.org/content/act/en/register-for-the-act.html
ACT Registration Fee Waiver (Sept 6, 2022) https://www.act.org/content/act/en/products-and-services/the-act/registration/fees/fee-waivers.html